We help customers to develop products with superb wireless performance – whatever the technology or product is. Our offering covers all steps of product lifecycle; from idea to design, verification and mass production quality control. Our specialty is development and integration of compact antennas to challenging products and environments. Radientum workflow includes design with advanced simulation tools (CST Microwave Studio) and verification in our own antenna laboratory with anechoic chamber. Below are listed the technologies we work with.
RFID / NFC
Are you developing a product which is based on UHF RFID, HF RFID or NFC technologies or even combining these with other wireless systems in a small package? Then wait no longer contacting as we can provide valuable insight and high quality solution:
- From scratch we build a custom RFID/NFC tag which fulfills the performance target or specification important for you. Delivery includes drawings and functional prototype tags. We can develop all type of tags: labels, metal mount tag, hard tags, sensor tags.
- Radientum can also support reader antenna development. NFC reader is a typical implementation in this area. We have experience of developing and verifying solutions for many commercial reader ICs. Also UHF RFID reader antennas are part of our offering.
- In case you are interest towards off-the-shelf standard tags we can help you to find the right solution by benchmarking commercial products and their performance when attached to various materials.
We have engineers who worked with several years with RFID and NFC antennas. Many time we are acting in a consultancy role in order to guarantee our clients with a smooth RFID project from the beginning to the roll-out phase. We can recommend the working solutions related to RFID tags, readers, test equipment, productions as well as certifications.
As part of our service we deliver an extensive antenna/tag/device performance report for conducted RFID assignment. Involving Radientum already in the early phase of your RFID project we’ll guarantee that with small investments to our RFID expertise you are able to maximise your ROI in your RFID project. For RFID measurement and testing we have a 7 x 3 x 3 m (120 x 120 x 280 inch) anechoic chamber with a rotating table and an ARC setup for measurements according to GS1 Tagged Item Performance Protocol (TIPP). For UHF and HF measurements we mainly use Voyantic Tagformance Pro measurement system. For NFC development/testing we have Agilent VNA for NFC tuning optimization, mobile phones for reading distance testing and reference tags.
Radientum is a member of the global RAIN RFID Alliance with almost 150 members worldwide. Thus, we are constantly influencing within pioneers of UHR RFID technology and have an extensive RFID expertise network within the industry.
IoT and connected devices is a fast developing technology sector. LoRaWAN and Sigfox have gained popularity and there are other technologies on the horizon like NB-IoT. Typically IoT devices need to have very low power consumption, small form factor and low cost.
- We can develop high performance PCB antenna (trace in PCB) which is free-of-cost compared to actual component like chip antenna. With simulation methods we design solutions which meet LoRa and Sigfox requirements.
- In our lab we have capability to verify radio performance against LoRa and Sigfox requirements (pre-certification measurements).
Cellular systems (mobile phones, tablets, wearables,..) are very demanding product category for antenna development as antennas need to support wide frequency area, performance requirements are tough and product integration might be extremely complex. Technologies often include using FPC, LDS, PCB antenna, structural metal parts of devices or combination of those. For example, 4G LTE cellular antenna should simultaneously cover frequencies 700-960MHz and 1700-2700MHz.
- Skills to develop high performance cellular solutions comes from our Nokia and Microsoft heritage. Radientum engineers have delivered smart phones with class leading antenna performance.
- No matter is it metallic device, complex 4×4 MIMO antenna system or tough operator requirements we have been dealing with all those aspects.
- We have capability to simulate and measure effect of human body (head and hand)
- We have capability to simulate SAR, both head SAR and body SAR.
WI-FI is an essential feature of many modern devices and technology is moving forward to achieve even faster data throughput and coverage. For antenna this means dual band frequency 2.4GHz & 5GHz and often multi-antenna solution for MIMO operation. New WI-FI standards are also on the way to add 60GHz band.
We have full capability to design and verify WI-FI based solutions.
GNSS refers to global navigation systems and includes GPS, Glonass, BeiDou and Galileo. Navigation satellites transmit right-hand circular polarized signals and which needs to take into account on receiver antenna design. GNSS receivers might be assisted or standalone. Standalone devices do not have other means for location service than satellite signal which puts high expectation for GNSS antenna performance. We have full capability to design GNSS solutions.
Bluetooth utilizes same 2.4GHz frequency band as WIFI and same antenna principles apply. Often Bluetooth and WIFI share the same antenna.
We have full capability to design and verify Bluetooth solutions.
Ultra Wide Band is a special technology used for high-speed, low power and short range wireless communication. It differs from many other technologies by spreading the signal over huge chunk of radio spectrum (several GHz). Obtaining this kind of antenna bandwidth is obviously major challenge for antenna design.
Indoor positioning system is one example we have worked with.