Radientum provides antenna design, consultancy and testing & verification services. You have the product – we have the skills and tools.
ANTENNA DESIGN AND INTEGRATION
We help our customers R&D by either integrating “off-the-self” antennas into customers device or create a custom solution from scratch. Antenna design at Radientum is based on advanced simulation methods and tools. In addition, antennas are fine tuned in our laboratory and verified in our anechoic chamber.
Due to our approach to antenna development, R&D time is reduced from months to weeks or even days with very few prototypes. In addition, antenna simulations enable to integrate antennas in to mechanical structures of products. Parts that tend to be bad for the antenna, such as metal frame, can actually be used as the antenna. This level of integration would be too expensive without the use of simulations.
- Simulation driven design speeds up the antenna development and improves quality. Less prototype rounds are required which translates to reduced cost.
- Our antenna development integrates seamlessly to your other product development. Radientum engineers have long experience and good understanding of today’s fast-pace overall product development process.
- Implementing commercial off-the-shelf antenna components and modules also require careful design. We help customers to select the right component and provide integration support. Antenna placement, available space, device mechanics play crucial what comes to performance of standard antenna.
Antenna development is done in simulation environment utilizing CST Microwave Studio 3DEM software which makes possible full simulation based design process and performance analysis on top of product 3D CAD model.
VERIFICATION AND ANALYSIS
Radientum offers wide range of antenna verification and analysis services. We can verify your design either by using virtual testing or by measuring the antenna in our laboratory. If something unexpected is found at verification, we can analyse antenna or connectivity issues of your products. You might face an issue that wireless performance of your device is not satisfactory. We will track the root cause and help you to get forward on fixing the problem.
Our virtual testing is done in antenna simulation environment. Key benefits of verifying antenna performance virtually is cost. Virtual testing is usually done before the first prototype is built. This allows our customers to avoid costly mistakes and re-design that would otherwise be noticed quite late in development process.
We have a fully equipped antenna laboratory for hands-on testing and prototyping. We can evaluate, measure and tune the existing antennas found on your device. Radientum antenna laboratory consists of following equipment and tools:
- Agilent E5071C VNA up to 20GHz
- NFC testing tools: Litepoint IQnfc, readers, reference cards and accessories
- Signal generators and spectrum analyzers up to 20GHz
- Soldering stations, microscopes, power sources
We have a well-equipped anechoic chamber and over-the-air (OTA) measurement setup located at Hermia 6 building, Hervanta, Tampere.
Chamber provides a stable environment to verify device wireless performance.
Currently supported R&D OTA measurements:
- Cable (passive) measurement 400 MHz- 6 GHz: 3D radiation pattern, antenna gain, efficiency, polarization
- Carrier wave power measurement 400MHz – 6 GHz
- 2.4/5GHz WIFI TRP & TIS
- Cellular 2G, 3G, 4G TRP & TIS
- UHF RFID tag performance testing including ARC/TIPP
- Size: 3m (width) x 3m (height) x 7m (length)
- Frequency > 400MHz
- 2-axis rotation system for 3D measurement
- 2nd rotation system for RFID measurement
OTA setup consists of following equipment:
- ETS dual polarization horn antenna 400MHz-10GHz
- Agilent E5071C 4-port VNA
- R&S CMW500, options: LTE+CA+MIMO, WLAN 802.11ac + MIMO, BLE HW support
- R&S NRP2 power meter and NRP-Z11/Z21/Z81 power sensors
- ETS EMCenter turn table control + RF switch box
- ETS EMQuest measurement software
- Voyantic Tagformance Pro RFID measurement system + ARC/TIPP
CUSTOM ANTENNA PRODUCTS
Interested to have a new antenna component with custom specifications? Or improve existing antenna product? We can take full responsibility of antenna product delivery or handle part of it. Together with our mechnanics and HW partners we are able to build complete turn-key solution for you.
We offer antenna experts for broad range of consultancy assignments; from single brainstorming session to longer research and development project.